Saturday, January 10, 2009

Amaryllis Ambiance

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
- Maori Proverb




"Amaryllis Ambiance"
(currently turning its face to the sun in my living room)

These strong-reaching flower buds summon such a sense of potential beauty that I'm invoking their symbolism to represent my hopes for this fledgling blog. My art journey is in flux. I've completed smaller projects and feel ready to tackle bigger and more complex efforts. The plan is to accept some challenges and showcase the results here... whether they're good, bad, or ugly. Expect a few warty toads and hopefully some beauty, too. My hope is that the blog will enhance my ability to focus, as well as to rein in my truancy in regard to task completion.
Carina

No comments:

Post a Comment