Friday, January 16, 2009

Postmen Bearing Gifts

The letter carrier (not necessarily a post-MAN) brings gorgeous gifts when a completed collaborative project arrives with the day's mail. It always arrives in a deceptively plain envelope, but its appearance marks a celebration of the creativity and generosity of like-minded souls. The goodies pictured here are part of a Yahoo swap involving 19 participants making cocoon beads. Our instructions were: "Start the new year with a new necklace of beautiful, one-of-a-kind cocoon beads! Swappers can knit, crochet, or wrap their color choice of bits of fabric, ribbon, or lace, plus beads, to create 2-inch cocoons."





Not only do I love the variety and the beauty of the beads; I also admire the artistic and imaginative packaging. My kudos to Maureen for organzing and hosting this fabulous swap. What an excellent way to begin 2009.

Carina

1 comment:

  1. Carina, these are just beautiful. I so wish I had played along. Oh well, I've been making some cocoons on my own and I'm loving them. Maybe there will be a next time.

    ReplyDelete