Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good Things Come in Small Packages



The postman brought me a lovely little package today, but 'little' is an operative word. I have the privilege to be involved in a small, 5-artist round robin through a yahoo group. We are adding charms to each other's necklaces or bracelets and then writing journal entries about our addition to each other's projects. This project moves on a monthly basis.
Ilene's bracelet came with today's mail. Her introduction reads: As a young child, I was usually the smallest in my class. Often being the target of teasing by my classmates, I would complain to my mother, who always said, "Good things come in small packages." It was a comfort to me then and I used it when my own children were little and also of short stature. As a teacher of primary kids, I often passed along the saying to all of my students. I often hear them repeating it to those who choose to be the teasers.
And now I am a grandmother for the very first time. Although my granddaughter is tall for her age (thanks to her father's gene pool), I am grateful to have a very good thing in a small package.


No comments:

Post a Comment